Vietnamese Marinade Recipe for Banh Mi Sandwiches
Thinly slice your venison steak, place it in this Vietnamese marinade and use the grilled meat in a delicious banh mi sandwich
For those not in the know, banh mi is a staple in Vietnamese cuisine, combining meat, pâté and crisp pickled vegetables in a crunchy roll. This marinade recipe takes the flavors of Southeast Asia to a new level, making it the perfect start to a deer steak sandwich.
Yield: Approximately ¾ cup
Total time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup lime juice (juice of 3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 jalapeños, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl; mix well.
- Slice venison steaks thinly.
- Place sliced venison and marinade in a large zip-top bag. Let marinate for one hour before grilling.