January 28, 2021
After 12 years, the Browning Maxus line of shotgun was due an upgrade. Enter Maxus II, a customizable 12-gauge semiauto choice for a wide range of shooters. Maxus II is a gas-operated shotgun utilizing the Browning Power Drive gas systems.
"We have an offering for everyone," said Browning Firearms' Rafe Nielsen. "It's designed to be an easier gun to shoot."
Here’s a look at the Maxus II:
- SOFTFLEX CHEEKPAD: The new SoftFlex cheekpad uses the same technology as the REACTAR G3 shoulder pad to increase shooting comfort.
- INFLEX RECOIL PAD: The 1-1/2" thick Inflex recoil pad uses directional deflection to send the comb down and away from the face for greater shooting comfort and faster, more accurate follow-up shots.
- ENHANCED CONTROLS: Oversized bolt handle and enlarged bolt release offer positive operation in all conditions.
- SCREW-ON MAGAZINE CAP: New forearm features a traditional, screw-on magazine cap.
- NEW STYLING: A more adjustable stock, screw-on magazine cap, enhanced grip, an enhanced trigger guard and improved shooting comfort contribute to the sleek, revised styling.
- RUBBER OVERMOLDING: Features a trim forearm and close-radius pistol grip with rubber overmolding panels to maximize control and grip.
- POWER DRIVE GAS SYSTEM: Fast, smooth, soft shooting and reliable.
- LIGHTNING TRIGGER: Offers what no other autoloader has: A smooth, crisp feel with minimal travel. Lock times average up to 24% faster than other autoloaders. Easily removed for cleaning.
- SPEED LOAD PLUS: Patented feeding system sends the first shell loaded into the magazine directly into the chamber.
- NICKEL TEFLON COATING: The bolt, bolt slide, shell carrier, bolt release button and cocking handle have a nickel Teflon coating for added corrosion protection, lubricity and makes cleaning easier.
- CHROME CHAMBER AND BORE: Increased durability and corrosion resistance.
- MAGAZINE CUT-OFF: Allows the chamber to be unloaded to change loads without cycling a shell from the magazine.
- TURNKEY MAGAZINE PLUG: Patented plug is easily removed in seconds using a standard door or car key.
- LIGHTWEIGHT MAGAZINE TUBE: An externally relieved steel magazine tube reduces weight for a faster swing while retaining durability.
Browning Wicked Blend Shotshells
So, what are you gonna load that Maxus II? Browning's Wicked Blend waterfowl shotshells will do.
Wicked Blend has a blend of 70 percent steel and 30 percent bismuth, and the zinc chrome-plated steel shot prevents rust and corrosion.
- Gauge: 12
- Shell Length: 3"
- Muzzle Velocity: 1450FPS
- Shot weight: 1 1/4oz
Learn more about the Browning Maxus II shotgun and Wicked Blend ammo in the above video as Browning's Ben Frank and Rafe Nielsen speak with Wildfowl Magazine's Skip Knowles as part of the 2021 SHOT Show New Product Premiere.